Friday, December 7, 2012

Super-Speeds, and a Thank You.

Mine is the classy looking, albeit topless, one on the left...


Here's the much appreciated "Thank You" card that I can't wait to respond to:

And, in case anyone hasn't already read this post on Mark's blog, here is his blog entry on his SuperSpeed (and mine, and his scanner)... Clearly I haven't yet changed the ribbon since his posting that, waiting to get the cover for my machine before throwing a new ribbon in it! (should be making its way to me sometime in the near future)

What kind of machine should I introduce next? A portable? Another Standard? Older? Newer? Let me know what you want and I'll do my best to provide :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you did a great deed there. It's very satisfying to introduce kids to typewriters and help them function.

    Your Super Speed looks great aside from that missing top, so I'm glad to hear that you have located the piece.

    Me, I could never solder a motherboard. I like the fact that I can usually figure out what's wrong with a manual typewriter using my senses and my reason. Electricity and electronics baffle me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe no motherboard repair in your future, but I'm sure you have seen/worked on one or two of these at some point... My lack of familiarity with a machine like this has me at a loss for where I should be looking to fix it, here's the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MSgkUMKQoQ

      Obviously the carriage isn't catching, but I don't know where it's supposed to... Any pointers?

      Delete
    2. Looks like I also have no functioning backspace at the moment, which is probably a related issue. Looking under the machine trying to get a good view of where and what the backspace connects to, let me know if you're got any ideas

      Delete
    3. I had a QDL with backspace issues, they aren't easy to fix. I couldn't find a way to make mine work.

      Delete